I can’t believe we’re just about a month away from the end of the semester. I am getting into crunch time for fulfilling the hours. This week, I learned that some of the VPN connection issues I had last week were due to the digital asset management system itself going down over the weekend. It was fixed by Tuesday and although it only cost me a little bit of lost time, my poor site supervisor was much more impacted. Once it was back up, I finished my edits to my third assignment. She accepted all three of my suggested terms to the controlled vocabulary and was really complimentary about them, so that felt great.
I asked for another assignment for the weekend and received two small data sets (only 33 images total). For the first of the two, I added three keywords and suggested another that would help better detail a more general term (Working) that I applied to several of the photos. For the second, there weren’t many appropriate terms already existing in the controlled vocabulary that applied to the images, and the images actually didn’t have too much going on in them, but I suggested two new keywords that applied to the bulk of the pictures and added another, so we’ll see if my site supervisor likes my suggestions. I also spent some time researching ways to get work samples out of the digital asset management system for the class’ final report and found one, and I’ll ask my site supervisor for other opinions.
Although the issue with the system crashing was resolved, I still continue to have issues getting in that are somehow Java-related but I can’t totally troubleshoot. My only solution continues to be to reinstall Java every time I go into the system.
Total hours: 9